Ashley Beaudin on disrupting shame around our imperfections, sexting, and having her bottom teeth pulled at a men’s shelter
Have a Listen!
My Favorite Moments
“I have seen how if I’m honest about something, how it can make someone else feel less alone.” ~ Ashley
“I want to make imperfect normal.” ~ Ashley (My response, “AMEN!”)
“As a kid I felt really rejected by my parents. There was something about me that wasn’t acceptable so I started to self-reject.” ~ Ashley
“Knowing you’re not ready is half the battle sometimes.” ~ Me
It hurts to ask yourself, “Why am I not giving myself what I need…even after all this work I’ve done, all this healing?”. ~ Me
What’s in this Episode
Opening up to others is one of the hardest things to do. When we do practice vulnerability, what happens is an authentic connection with another human being that is wonderfully sweet. But…knowing the rewards of honesty is still not enough sometimes for us to break the ice. It’s helpful when there is someone else to pave the way and that’s one of the many reasons why I love Ashley Beaudin.
I reached out to Ashley early on in the formation of this podcast, and I’ve been excited to have her on the show since. Ashley is passionate about online community building, and she knows that it all starts with honesty + bravery.
Ashley’s signature movement, Imperfect Boss, helps to normalize imperfection in all things. Nobody’s perfect, and Ashley’s doesn’t just acknowledge imperfections…she embraces them.
Among her many passions are donuts, meeting people, and changing lives. Get to know the real Ashley with me today as we break apart a recent Instagram post that is radically honest and incredibly real. We cover topics like her childhood, body image, sex addictions, and receiving government assistance.
Ashley’s story has a little bit for everyone, and I am inspired and in awe by her bravery in the face of adversity.
Listen in to hear Ashley and I talk about:
- Our favorite donuts. Ashley’s is a sour cream glaze while mine is anything maple bacon.
- Ashley’s recent Instagram post (she was on a mission to disrupt shame) and 5 of her super honest imperfections – a sexting addiction and never been kissed are just 2 of them!
- Feeling uncertain in your own body and the impact of your parents growing up – from feeling rejected to lacking basic self-care.
- How Ashley has struggled with her sexting addiction and intimate relationships.
- How faith and church culture impacted Ashley’s ability to grow.
- Battling shame and fear when going on financial assistance.
- Why Ashley ended up having 12 teeth pulled at a men’s homeless shelter.
Resources + People mentioned
More of Ashley
Inspirational speaker and movement maker, Ashley Beaudin is the visionary behind #theimperfectboss; a movement that is inspiring tens of thousands of creative women to become real and confident in life and business.
Ashley is known for her passionate, authentic and dynamic voice. Her voice and work have been featured in publications and events such as Mind Body Green, Combining Passions, Wild Hearts Conference, Belong Magazine and many more.